The Smith County Register of Deeds Office is an Acceptance Facility for passport applications.
In order to apply for a passport, one must provide:
- Proof of citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate or a full-validity US passport book or card).
- A recent 2" X 2" color photograph. Eye glasses may not be worn in the photo.
- Photo identification (valid driver's license).
- Check or money order to be sent in with passport application.
- Acceptance fee to the Register of Deeds Office (may be cash or check).
For current fees, click here
For additional information visit travel.state.gov
The Register of Deeds office accepts passport applications during regular business hours (8 am-noon, 1 pm-5 pm)