Saturday, June 06, 2020

Smith County Commissioners has released the burn ban for Smith County, but please contact Dispatch at 785-282-5180 to get a burn permit.

Smith County Property Owners:

KSA 79-1476 requires that each property in the county be inspected at least once every 6 years. Due to the current COVID-19 related restrictions implemented by the State of Kansas, and for the safety of the county staff and the citizens of Smith County, we will be doing “no contact” inspections of your home and property. At the property, the county staff will take photographs of the house and outbuildings. The county staff will also confirm the current inventory of the buildings and property characteristics. These tasks will be performed by the staff from the county vehicle when possible. If visual confirmation and/or impediments to the photography are present, the staff member will step out of the vehicle.  The vehicle we will be driving is a silver Dodge pick-up with the Appraiser’s Office signs on the doors.

Our inspection period is expected to begin in June and run through September. The Smith County website will be updated weekly to include the general area where the staff will be working *** .

We will be inspecting parcels in the following locations:

Sections 13 through 36 in Logan, Pawnee, Beaver, Martin & German Townships; 

All of Kensington City and Section 20 in Cedar Township; 

The portion of Smith Center City between Kansas Ave. & South City Limits and between Main St. & Colfax Ave

Anna Porter - Smith County Appraiser’s Office

*** Week of 6/1/2020 : staff will be inspecting the portion of Smith Center City described above ***


COVID-19 Infomation

The Courthouse is closed for the public until further notice. If you have any questions please call the Clerks office at 785-282-5110. 

Latest Information on COVID-19 please check our Official Facebook Page



Visitor and Tourism Section

A new section has been added for all the information on Visitor and Tourism on the top bar or you can CLICK HERE


Public Notice

Kansas Voter Registration Applicants DO NOT need to provide proof of citizenship.  Please continue to bring a valid government issued ID to the polls with you when you vote in person.

If you have questions concerning your eligibility or this notice you may contact your local county election office at 785-282-5110 or the Secretary of State's office at (800) 262-8683.


Veteran Representation